Kieran Murphy is an associate attorney at Wais, Vogelstein, Forman & Offutt, L.L.C. focusing his practice on medical malpractice litigation. Kieran has been selected by his peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for his litigation skills and trial practice.
Prior to joining Wais, Vogelstein, Forman & Offutt, L.L.C., Kieran worked for several years at a law firm that handled complex domestic litigation. During that time, Kieran handled numerous cases as lead counsel and tried several cases to judgment. Despite being a young attorney, he was regularly commended by judges, magistrates, and opposing attorneys for his courtroom demeanor, his trial presentation, and his cross-examination skills. In fact, Kieran was even asked by a judicial officer who presided over one of Kieran’s trials to present to other attorneys and law students on the rules of procedure, the rules of evidence, and trial presentation.
Before working in private practice, Kieran also served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Judge John P. Davey in the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County, where he regularly conducted legal research on issues related to medical malpractice litigation, civil procedure, and the rules of evidence. During his clerkship, Kieran regularly observed court proceedings, including jury trials, bench trials, and motions hearings, and is intimately familiar with courtroom practice and procedure.
Kieran is a graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Kieran participated in the Community Development Clinic, where he represented non-profit organizations and small businesses, counseling his clients on structuring and forming nonprofit organizations, corporations, and limited liability companies and drafting and reviewing contracts, by-laws, and operating agreements. For his work in the Community Development Clinic, Kieran was given the Clinical Excellence Award, which is awarded for excellence in advocacy and professional judgment in clinical work. This honor is awarded to only two students out of the over two hundred who participate in clinical programs every year. During his time in law school, Kieran also served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Land and Development, an academic journal focusing on land use, zoning, constitutional law, and property law.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2014
- Seton Hall University, B.A., in Political Science, minor in Legal Studies in Business, Cum Laude, 2011
ACCOLADES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Clinical Excellence Award
- University of Baltimore Journal of Land and Development, Editor-in-Chief
- Political Science Honor Society (ΠΣΑ
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Constitutional Corporatism: The Public Use Clause as a Means of Corporate Welfare, 2 U. Balt. J. Land & Dev., 91 (2013)
- Good Standing with SDAT, The People’s Law Library of Maryland (January 8, 2014), http://www.peoples-law.org/node/9143.